Are you easily startled? Do you have overwhelming guilt or shame? Are you experiencing irritability, self-destructive behavior, or always being on guard for dangers? Are these trauma issues affecting your personal or professional life?
Therapy for trauma can help you:
- Understand your issue better.
- Teach strategies to express yourself.
- Cope with potentially stressful situations.
I can help you understand your trauma so that you can achieve happiness.
1. What are some types of trauma?
- Community Violence
- Complex Trauma
- Early Childhood Trauma
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Medical Trauma
- Physical Abuse
- Refugee Truama
- Sexual Abuse
- Sex Trafficking
- Terrorism and Violence
- Traumatic Grief
2. How do I talk to my therapist about trauma?
Let me know if you have trauma work that you want to do. It is common to be hesitant or fearful of talking about trauma and that’s ok. We can work at your pace. Tell me about your symptoms and your triggering event. I can help you process your trauma, address the traumatic event, and learn coping skills to help you manage daily.
3. What kind of techniques do you use for trauma therapy?
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy