Are you having difficulty communicating with a child, partner, or spouse? Are you having issues with your boss or a colleague at work? Is there an ongoing conflict with a friend? Are these interpersonal issues affecting your personal or professional life?
Therapy for people experiencing interpersonal issues can help you:
- Identify issues in the relationship.
- See how your actions are affecting the relationship.
- Learn coping skills to change your behavior patterns in the relationship.
- Improve the relationship.
I can help you improve your relationships so that you can achieve happiness at home or work.
1. What are interpersonal relationships?
Interpersonal relationships involve social associations, connections, or affiliations between two or more people. Interpersonal relationships can include your partner, loved ones, close friends, acquaintances, co-workers, and many others who make up the social connections in your life.
2. How do I talk to you about issues in my interpersonal connections?
Please be honest with me about with whom you are having issues. If there is more than one person, please let me know. Describe the specific issues and how you would like to see the relationship improve in the future. With accurate information I can help you work through the issues, identify, and eliminate repeated behavior patterns in the relationship and improve the relationship.
3. What kind of techniques do you use for improving interpersonal relationships.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy